Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day! aka "I have the best Husband EVER!"

Yay for love!! :)

We have had a lovely weekend leading up to Valentine's day! It was busy, but very fun! Friday we both worked at the Mid-Day temple shift, which lasted from 11am-5pm, but John had a group meeting for class before at 9. whew! ;) After that, we went to our ward adult dinner - "a Night in Tuscany" - where they served us spaghetti (confirming my prediction that they would) and then went to see the movie Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief! It opened on Friday and we were so excited! John and I both read the 5-book series called Percy Jackson and the Olympians and we loved them! So we greatly anticipated seeing the movie. The movie was based on the first book, and while we enjoyed watching it, the book was of course waaaaaaaay better. We had fun discussing what we did and didn't like afterward. Then when we got home, we crashed in bed, we were so sleepy!

Book: Highly Recommend :)

Movie: Also Recommend :)

Thanks to Mom and Dad Hunt for the dinner and a movie gift cards gift so we could go see Percy Jackson!!! :)

Saturday John went surfing (he's finally all better and it stopped raining!! hurray! he could go surfing!! he was so excited!!) and then we headed out to Newport Beach to do sealings with his parents, aunts and uncles, and grandma at the temple there. It was wonderful for me to remember the promises made at the sealing, considering we're celebrating our 6-month anniversary....TOMORROW! :) After sealings we went out to dinner with everyone to celebrate Grandpa Bosen's birthday! (we learned that he is as old as dirt) we went to Outback Steakhouse (my favorite :) yum!) Then we made the trip home and crashed in bed again! We just get so worn out... ha ha

Newport Beach Temple

The Sealings Bunch - Don't worry Mama Moffat, I'll email this to you :)

Thanks to Mom and Dad Moffat for the sweet card!! We felt so loved!!! :)

Then comes today! We had church of course, and it was lovely. :) After church and the traditional after church meal of WAFFLES :) John kicked me out of the apartment for about 45 minutes. ("what?!" you say? Don't worry, he wasn't mad at me) Once he allowed me to come home, ;) I was given an index card with a clue, which eventually lead me to 9 other index cards throughout the house with clues on them, too! So i got to go on a little valentine's day treasure hunt! by the end, I had collected a pedicure, a night where John cooks dinner, and a free ______ (I have to fill in the blank, I haven't decided yet). It was so fun! Each clue was accompanied with reasons he loves me and it was very sweet and thoughtful of him :)

My V-day festivities for John actually started Feb 3rd. John got TWELVE days of Valentine's! And if you'd like, you can set this to music in your head, the #1 item fits perfectly. :) But we're going to go backwards starting with what he got today ;)

On the 12th day of Valentine's my true love gave to meeeeee:
12 Ways to say it! (I love you in 12 different languages)
11 chocolate hearts
10 Reasons I love him
9 M&M's
8 Special Memories (a collage frame holding 8 pictures)
7 OREO cookies
6 love quotations
5 Sweeeeet Pet Naaaaaames (terms of endearment)
4 yummy candles (yummy smelling, that is)
3 special coupons
2 fun new card games
and a waterbottle BPA freeeeeeee


We also FINALLY finished decorating our bedroom, we've had pictures to hang since we moved here and we finally got them up! (it helped when I gave John the collage frame, we finally had something to complete the 'look')

Yay for a finished-and-not-blank wall! ;)

And so, as we celebrate our 6-month anniversary, we got to celebrate Valentine's day at the same time! Perfect timing, I think ;) And with the topic of love, we LOVE all of you!! Thank you all for your friendship and love (and for reading our blog hee hee)

No comments: