Yes, more. More what you ask? CHOCOLATE.
(oh no!!)
OH yes. Thankfully however, this post mostly consists of eating chocolate. (for John) And chocolate amazing-ness. This weekend we took a little trip to Geneva to visit a little pastry shop called The Cocoa Bean. If you’ve been with me long enough, you’ll (maybe) remember that I did a stage there back in October and really enjoyed it. Well, Chef Josh used to co-own The Cocoa Bean and said we should all go eat there, so a group of us in class decided we’d make the trip out to Geneva to check it out. When I staged, I didn’t actually eat anything from the shop, so I was excited to try some of their product. YUM. I got a little individual cake with white cake, white chocolate passion fruit mousse, and raspberry crème brulee. John got a little cake with chocolate cake, chocolate ganache and a peanut butter crème brulee. We also got a couple of fresh croissants. Sooooo tasty. Before we got there, I thought “we should make sure to take pictures of what we ordered, so I can show everyone how pretty their stuff is!”. Well, I forgot. This is all we had left…
Basically, it disappeared pretty fast ;) But we got to talk to the chef there and he gave us lots of advice and it was fun to go out with friends from school And John, of course :)
Also in Geneva was an all chocolate kitchen! John and I had actually heard about it several months ago. Chef Alain Roby had built an all chocolate kitchen for a charity for people suffering from congenital heart defects. We had wanted to go and see it but never made the trip out there. So after Cocoa Bean we found the chocolate kitchen! With a donation, we could take as many pictures as we wanted. The stuff in there was amazing! (and sorry most of the pictures aren’t that great…the lighting was a little tricky…) This sun was made entirely of sugar.
This scene was made from chocolate A 700 pound white chocolate astronaut!
And here is the kitchen!! (the pot and spatula on the ‘stove’ are real, as well as the heart shaped boxes on the left)
Chef Roby actually came in while we were there!!! (yeah, that patch on his sleeve? He’s been on the Food Network!!!!!)
Pretty amazing huh? It’s all chocolate! The dishes in the cabinet are sugar.
Amazing. Just amazing.
After touring the chocolate amazing-ness, we stopped by a shop called The Spice House. There is one downtown that I’ve been wanting to go to, but this one works too! They have SO many different spices and the smells were almost overpowering, but smelled pretty yummy!
And that was our outing to Geneva! Too fun. It’s really cool little city. Now we’re resting up for yet another crazy week!
2 comments:
Looks so good, I'm going to go have a hot cup of chocolate and watch the rain come down. Love your blog!
Dad Moffat
Thanks for the wonderful tour of the Geneva "sweets" stops. All I remembered of Geneva Il was tha is is a quaint town and not as modern as some of the other surrounding cities, which is super nice.
It's great to discover "memorable places".
It's so fun to check-in and check-out your blog.
Love & Hugs
Granma J
Post a Comment