Happy Easter everyone!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I know we sure are! I’m going to tell you about it :)
Last week, John and I were discussing what kinds of Easter traditions we wanted to have as a family. We decided that something we wanted to start doing was going out of our way to do something nice for someone for Easter. Long story short, we decided to make some Easter baskets for my aunt and her family this year :) It was so fun! I made cookies for the occasion (of course, right?) and tried out some new techniques I’ve seen but haven’t been able to try my hand out on yet. And they turned out soooo good!! Wanna see?
I tried wet on wet (icing) so that the polka dots and the stripes became one surface. I did wet on wet for the ears too. AND used my AMAZING edible ink pens for the bunny face. LOVE my edible ink pens!
Same thing with the flower center
And then I did marbling in the center stripe. I love that look. I see much of it in my future :)
I love them! I’m quite pleased :)
I also went crazy with my cricut and made cute tags for everyone’s baskets and found a file that I could cut out gift card holders with my cricut too! (On my Make the Cut even! Have I mentioned enough that I LOVE my Make the Cut?! Love love love) I made the gift tag shape with my cricut too :) Wrapping gifts and packaging has become SO much easier now…
I found some cute ribbon and easter pencils at the dollar store that went in…
TONS of candy filled eggs (and I totally over shot on the candy…still have 3 bags left even AFTER filling baskets for me and John!!)
And of course, the cookies :)
Finished off with gift cards and they were all done! I think they turned out super cute!
We dropped them off last night and hung out with my aunt, uncle, and cousins and we had a good time. They loved the baskets and we loved putting them together for them.
We also decided to make baskets for each other. We exchanged them today after church. We had tons of candy leftover from the other baskets and I had made extra cookies so we had plenty to fill our baskets with. We also got each other a few gifts. And we are so funny and just told each other what we wanted in our baskets, but we each still got a surprise ;) Anyway, John has been wanting to personalize his office at work, so he asked for a few framed pictures for his office And tucked inside this adorably cute card (if I do say so myself…I got the idea from HERE) was an iTunes gift card :)
John got me some circle cutters that I have been wanting from Williams and Sonoma. (I have some AWESOME cookie ideas for these!!) And yes, I made a tag for my own Easter basket. I was on a roll with my cricut…and John is awesome, but I wanted mine to look cute like everyone else’s. Not that he wouldn’t have made it cute!! I just had more time this week ;) AND a gift card to a craft store of my choice! :)
I’m pretty excited! We had fun exchanging baskets. But before I finish up, I want to say a few words about the true importance of Easter.
We had some amazing talks in church today and the Spirit was so strong. I want you to know that I know that Christ lived and died and lives today. He atoned for my sins and knows me individually, as He knows you. Without Him, I would be nothing and I cannot even express my gratitude for the great sacrifice He made so that we could have a chance to live with our Father in Heaven again. To know that I am so loved gives my life so much more meaning. I hope that we can remember Him this Easter holiday.
Happy Easter!
2 comments:
Hey ash for your sweet, loving, and most wonderful sister can you make me one???
You have a circuit????????????????? Jealous!!!!
Post a Comment