What the freak just happened?! The last two weeks of holiday break FLEW by! After graduation from my internship (which I’m still not sure I’m entirely convinced really happened…), I drove back with my mom and sister to VA. John had to work the following week, so he showed up the Friday before Christmas.
Let me tell you though, I LOVE being with my family. Especially for the holidays. There’s eating, watching movies, eating, games, eating,reading Harry Potter (I read 1-5 in one week), crafting, eating, movie quoting (and they are usually animated movies, and no one cares because we’ve all seen them. and love them. and quote them. and it’s so nice to not have to explain every quote :), baking and some more eating. And I’m going to apologize now, I have an abysmally small amount of pictures for this trip. I guess we were just too busy DOING stuff for me to remember to take pictures…
There was Jennifer’s handbells concert (which was super cool, I’ve never seen one before) baking cookies for a little class I was doing for Jennifer and her cooking class. I taught them how to outline, flood and decorate sugar cookies with royal icing. And then didn’t get any pictures of them at it. I finally remembered to take some of mine before my dad ate them all ;)
John came in late Friday, and Christmas eve we had yummy steaks and salmon (which, for the record, I don’t find yummy…but I’m sure it was good for those who like fishies…) and watched Muppet Christmas Carol – which is a must watch every year :) Christmas morning we went to church for an awesome musical program and then came home and opened presents!!! Not too long after we finished up, Jason called! Jason is serving a two-year mission for our church in Malaga, Spain and is allowed to call home on Christmas and Mother’s Day (you can see his weekly letters HERE) It was so fun to talk to him! We even got to Skype, so we got to “see” him too! We shoved the whole family into the office and crowded around the computer to talk to him and he sounds like he is doing great and it was awesome to be able to talk to him! After talking with him, Mom realized that the turkey she’d been defrosting for Christmas dinner was SO not going to be ready by dinner time (it was 2pm at this point…and still quite solidly frozen…). Oops. But we had ham in the fridge too. So that’s what we had instead.
For the Monday after Christmas, we went up to a resort called Massanutten to go to the indoor water park up there. They also have a kind of wave simulator we wanted John to try. Not quite like surfing, but he enjoyed it. I preferred the hot tub. It was freezing outside!! Tuesday I hit the after Christmas sales with my mom. So fun! We found some really cute clothes and bought lots of Christmas candy that went on clearance. I’m still eating Christmas shaped sweettarts…Wednesday was our Despicable Me party with some friends that hadn’t seen it yet. Thursday was a Christmas party/open house and Friday was the BYU bowl game! And of course, I made cookies for the occasion…;) Rise and shout! The cookies are out!!! ;)
I didn’t really watch the game, but you can’t really blame be for not being true blue, because while the game was on, Mom and I were making these:
I know, awesome, right? Love my vinyl!
Saturday we packed up and came back, and went straight to a New Year’s get together from the airport. We finally made it home about 11 (hey, it was 2012 in New York by then) and went. to. bed. ;)
And now we are back. What the heck am I going to do now?! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment