But I made cookies for an Army promotion. The Marines are still my favorite though, I promise!
(My dad is a retired Marine, in case you didn’t know…)
;)
A friend of ours at church was promoted to Major in the Army yesterday and I was asked to make cookies for the event. The original plan was to make American flag cookies. Then I found out he thought it would be SUPER cool if I could do an oak leaf because that’s the symbol of Major. Well, why not then? So I did both.
I printed off a picture of an oak leaf pin and cut it out as a stencil. I made them shiny by mixing edible glitter and orange extract and painting it on. The orange extract evaporates off, leaving the shiny finish.I think the combination worked quite nicely together.
The promotion was very nice and we were glad we could go. I helped set all the cookies out on the platter. Being a cookie maker comes with many requirements. Such as platter arranging. ;)
Congrats to Bryan on this next step in his career! So glad to have been able to be a part of it! :)
1 comment:
They and you are awesome! And don't tell but the marines are Bryan's favorite too! Thanks for sharing you're talent!
Post a Comment