Try not to get too excited, I’m so done wrestling my crazy little man onto that blanket to take monthly pictures. An he destroyed all my cute numbers. But when I realized today that it had been 1 month since his birthday, I just really couldn’t help myself. So here are some updates on Little Man.
*He is WALKING! He started about 2 weeks after his birthday. And within 2 - 2 1/2 weeks, he’s walking more than he is crawling, can stoop down to pick up a toy and stand back up again, and just today started standing up from a sitting position without grabbing onto anything for assistance. We’re amazed at how quickly he’s picked it up. He already goes a little too fast. So we are no strangers to bumps and bruises. He usually has a little collection all over his head.
*He loves blueberries. LOVES them. Would exist on a diet of only blueberries if we let him. Even if that were healthy, it wouldn’t happen. Blueberries cause an unnatural number of stinky diapers. ‘nuff said.
*He totally tricked me into thinking he was ready for just one nap last month. FALSE. He definitely still needs two. Which is fine, because I really wasn’t ready to give up one of my breaks during the day. ;)
*He’s on a bib boycott. Seriously impossible to keep a bib on him. Does not help that he knows how to get them off, and will not eat until he does. Most days I just don’t bother, or he eats shirtless.
*He has started to dance when music is on!! And it’s hilariously cute. He bounces up and down, and waves his arms around like a crazy person. Which he is ;)
*Intensely interested whenever I’m working on something in the kitchen. I’ve learned to do a lot of things one handed, at least until my left arm feels like it’s going to fall off. Then he either flips out when I put him back on the floor, or if my head is screwed on tight enough that day, I put him in his high chair so he can see what’s going on up on the counter.
*Loves to go outside! He has figured out that when I put his shoes on, we’re going out, so as soon as those shoes are on, he’s over banging on the front door. “Let’s go, Mom!!!” He loves going to the playground here at our complex. He doesn’t play on anything yet, but he loves to walk around and explore, splash in any puddles, and watch cars as they drive by. Trucks are the best.
*Everything is a drum. And making noise is favorite. It’s amazing how toys designed to be quiet suddenly become noisy toys when Little Man gets his hands on them. That really loud banging noise you hear at church? That would be us.
*We have lever door handles in our apartment. And Little Man is barely tall enough to get them open. He’s just too clever. We’re probably getting baby gates this week.
*Loves playing peek-a-boo. And has started to play it with us, rather than us doing the peek-a-boo-ing. After his bath, Little Man will pull his towel over his face and then yank it off and totally expect a reaction from us. When we are playing, he loves when I surprise him with a big ‘BOO!’. The more startling, the harder he laughs. It’s so fun.
*Getting so big! I can’t believe it’s already been a whole month since his birthday! Love you little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment