Here we are again!
*Love/hate relationship with nursery. Mm…okay, mostly hate. His nursery leader tells me he’s really torn when he’s in there. While he’s very upset that we’ve left him in there, he seems to do okay when he’s sitting on her lap. When the other kids are doing something fun, like bubbles, he watches and acts as though he really wants to join in but when she asks him if he wants to get up and play, he shrinks back into her lap. And still dissolves into tears when I go to pick him up “I can’t believe you left me here alone, Mom! How could you!?” We’re working on it…
*Seems to have a thing for shoes. He has recently figured out how to get the shoe drawer open and will pull all the shoes out and try on either my shoes or John’s shoes. It’s so cute to see him walking around in his Daddy’s tennis shoes. Has outgrown all of the slip-on shoes that I have for him, so now we have to use velcro shoes. And as soon as we get in the car, those shoes come off. As well as the socks. We’re lucky if we can find both socks by the time we reach or destination.
*This kid as 2 speeds: asleep and GO GO GO! Seriously. I don’t think I’ve mentioned it here before, but there is almost no transition between being asleep and awake for this crazy kid. I don’t know about you, but I need like, 20 minutes to wake up. Sometimes I have to go wake him up from his nap and as soon as those eyes open, he bounces right up and is all “I’m awake! LET’S GO!”
*Super talkative, but still mostly babbles. He says ‘uh-oh’ still and now says ‘Dada’ or ‘Daddy’ whenever John comes home from work. Can also say ‘Nana’ for my mom, and very occasionally ‘Papa’ for my dad. (Um, where’s ‘Mama’?!) Also kind of says ‘bye’ when he’s closing the door on you. He has also started to really try to mimic some of the words that John and I say and that’s been exciting.
*We’re having issues with hitting and throwing and sometimes biting (seriously!?). Still trying to figure out how to get the message across that we don’t do that. Any suggestions would be welcome.
*First visit to the ER. Being that he is John’s child, I suppose I should be surprised we made it this long. Two days before Christmas he fell backwards off of the piano bench and hit his head really hard on the laminate flooring. He calmed down pretty quick but an hour later he threw up and we were advised to take him to the ER for a possible concussion. We waited about 3 hours at the ER and he was fine. They didn’t really confirm that he’d had one, but they checked him out and he was doing fine by then and they gave us some things to look out for. But now I’m paranoid about him falling again.
*Has recently decided that he loves to clean. He will point to a napkin or paper towel until I give him one and then will go around the apartment scrubbing random surfaces. I’ve even gotten him to wipe up his own dribbles or milk that he leaves all over the place. It’s kinda nice!
*We’ve having power struggles with eating. He (almost always) refuses to try new foods and is very particular in what he wants to eat. I’m going a little crazy. Last night we had leftovers and I offered him some choices and he refused them all, just wanting to drink milk. The kid would drink his entire diet in milk if I let him. So I refused to give him milk until he ate something. 45 minutes (and many tears) later he ate some rice chex. And finally got his milk. The thing is is that he had eaten at least one of those choices three days ago no problem. What is the deal???
*Has started to enjoy coloring. When we went to the ER, they had a collection of toys and small gifts that had been donated so that kids coming to the ER around Christmastime could take a gift home and we got a big coloring book and a package of crayons. It took some time, but now Nathan really likes to color with me.
*Back to some seriously hilarious dancing. We have an awesome video from the crayola experience that I’ll have to get up at least on facebook soon. Still loves to have music on all the time and will dance to just about anything, from classical to rock.
*Always seems to be up to some mischief! Love you Little Man!
3 comments:
It's so fun to see the milestone posts of Nathan since my son is so close in age. I feel like the hitting/throwing/etc is an age thing...London is doing the same thing and I haven't really figured out how to get him to stop! He also loves to pull hair-its the worst. I usually just put him in his pac n' play for about a minute for time out or I'll take him away from the situation, hold him and talk to him about it, then he has to go give a hug to whoever he hurt. Thirty minutes later he's back at it again. Errr... And eating! The kid pretty much lives off of veggie straws (which are really no better than french fries) and milk. And heaven forbid I try to offer him something he doesn't want-he just screams and cries and runs away all mad. Haha. Toddlers...
So I still read sometimes...had to say congrats on baby #2! As for eating troubles, yourkidstable.com is an amazing website. The author is a feeding expert and has advice for every kind of eating problem you can think of. It's kind of overwhelming, so start at the "eating basics" tab. It's basically the same information we paid hundreds of dollars for in private therapy for our Nathan, but all free!
Yup. The boys are big biters too. No bueno. They never bite other kids, thank goodness, but they bite each other ALL the time as well as Kevin and I too. The problem is that they do it so fast that there's no way to stop them before it happens! We've been putting the boys in time out when it happens. 90 ish seconds in their crib with nothing in it and the door to their room closed. Hopefully it'll catch on one of these days. And then we have the offender say sorry to the victim. Freddy's usually worse than Isaac and he's really started seeming sorry when I ask him to say it. Also, dunno if Nathan is the same, but the boys tend to bite more when they're teething and when they're hungry (watch out if it's both at the same time!). He's such a cutie, as are you, and I'm so excited for your new baby!!
Post a Comment