We’re back for 12 more months of fun updates on Spencer!
*Loves loves loves his blankie. It’s seriously adorable to watch him walk around with it – I usually drape it over his shoulders to help prevent tripping – and it reminds me of Linus from Peanuts.
*Walking! Had his sitting-to-standing-on-his-own breakthrough about 2 weeks after his birthday and since then he’s been able to go further and further every time he gets up to walk! Still has that ‘new-walker’ gait that I think is so hilariously adorable.
*Now that his walking it’s almost impossible to get him to hold still for anything. Namely church. Boy is it a wild ride every week!
*Starting to wave when we wave at him! It usually happens at night when Daddy and Nathan are waving good-night to him.
*Starting to sign! We loved teaching Nathan signs and I’ve been looking forward to teaching Spencer. He can make the ‘more’ sign, which is really helpful at mealtimes ;) We’re still working on ‘all done’, which would be nice if we got that figured out soon, rather than having him throw his food all over the floor…
*Do not stand in the way of this boy and his food! Getting ready for dinner is probably the longest part of my day. He seems to know that I’m getting food ready because suddenly he’s going to die if he doesn’t get something to eat RIGHT NOW.
*For some reason he loves the bath but hates the pool. I personally think he doesn’t like floating in the water, but it’s so funny to see the difference when it really is essentially the same thing ;)
*Can be such a little stinker! When I stop him from doing something, he immediately giggles and tries to do it again, like take my glasses, or try to get into my room when the door is left open.
*Has such a fun laugh and sweet smile and we just love him to pieces!
No comments:
Post a Comment