Thursday, November 3, 2016

The Magical Halloween of 2016

I know I’ve already put these up on facebook but I always have to add them here :) I had so much fun with our costumes this year – love me some Harry Potter!!

I was sorted into Hufflepuff on pottermore.com and I made John take the sorting quiz before making his costume and he got Hufflepuff too! Nathan was a Gryffindor quidditch player and Spencer was our snowy owl. (aka the most adorable owl you’ve ever seen) ;)IMG_1825This is Spencer’s camera face. I promise he smiles. And he actually liked his costume. He started taking the hat off after a while but didn’t have any problems with wearing his outfit. I modified THIS pattern, you’ll recognize it from the year we did Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday :) I wish I’d gotten a picture of the back, his wings totally spread out and it was so CUTE!
IMG_1813My little quidditch player :) I used THIS pattern for all the robes. Or it was more of a set of instructions with a picture of what the pattern pieces were supposed to look like and you had to use your own measurement and draft the pieces yourself. It wasn’t too bad though. I made Nathan’s out of fleece so that he would be nice and warm. Again, I wish I’d gotten a pic of the back, it has his name and a large 3 on the back as his jersey number :)
IMG_1819I made them both little treat bags and they enjoyed trick or treating at all the cars. Spencer liked to put his candy on the ground, then pick it up and put it in his bag. Little weirdo ;) I’m terrible at night photography, so I didn’t get a picture of our trunk, but we had a Hogwarts banner and I strung up battery operated tea lights up with black thread. The black thread was really hard to see so it really looked like the lights were floating on their own. And we had some of our favorite Harry Potter soundtrack songs playing in the car. It was pretty awesome if I do say so myself!
IMG_1820Hope everyone had a great Halloween this year!
IMG_1824

No comments: