It’s been a loooooong time since I’ve made a real cake but I had to opportunity to make one for a bridal shower this past week and while it meant a LOT of late nights (because I can only work on it when the kids are sleeping), it was fun to get back into cake decorating a little bit.
**I’m going to apologize ahead of time for the bad pictures, again, I’m working at night and the lighting isn’t so great and I was pressed for time as it was – while the week went smoothly for the most part, I had some major mom brain moments ;)
The inside was vanilla cake with a chocolate ganache filling – Yum!
I was really happy with the way it turned out, especially considering I don’t sink my hands into fondant all that often these days. I think the rosebud belt was my favorite detail.
I also made cookies as favors. I had to do some research on how to get that Tiffany blue, but I think I got pretty close!! (sorry if you can’t tell on your computer screen, I promise it was close, ha ha)
All packaged up and ready to go!
I loved having the chance to do a cake again! Maybe I’ll need to bust out the fondant again for the boys’ birthdays this year…hmm…we’ll see… ;)
1 comment:
The cake and cookies are gorgeous! I love the colors and the design. You do great work!
Love, Mom M
Post a Comment