Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blech

Sorry to have such a "blah" title of this post, but seriously, the gaping hole in my hip is disgusting. And now I get to look at it all the time because we went to the doctor's again yesterday and was advised to rinse it out 3 or 4 times a day. ew.

We went back to urgent care because i'd had a fever and when we changed the bandaging, it looked like it was getting worse, so John and I were really worried. I didn't really want to go back, i didn't want them poking me with stuff again, but as the good caring concerned husband he is, John made me. ;)

So what happened at the doctors? They poked me with stuff again. But this time with Q-tips. I don't know which was worse: a) the numbing shot that BURNED as it went in or b) Q-tips scraping the inside of my sore without any kind of real pain relief, as i had taken ibuprofen a couple hours earlier. blech. Anyways, the good news is that they say it's looking like it will be okay, and of course, it could be a lot worse. So we are very grateful for that. But they also told us that the culture they sent to a lab last time I was in came back with the results, and I have MRSA...which i'm still not exactly sure what it is, but I guess it's a strain of staph that is resistant to most antibiotics. So they have me on the strong stuff, and now they've doubled my dosage. And let me tell you, these pills are HUGE. I curse the gag reflex. ;)

But anyway, John's aunt and uncle have wonderfully let me hang out with them at their house while John goes to classes so i'm not all alone here at the apartment while i'm sick. Which is a relief for both me and John. They have been so great to drive me back and forth between our homes. And they make me eat. ha ha (i haven't been very hungry these last couple of days...it's the meds i think)

I was also informed that I should be eating more yogurt now that my double dosage of antibiotics will basically kill all the bacteria in my body. So much for target practice, i need some of that bacteria! Not really a yogurt person, but oh well :)

But things seem to be going in the right direction, and we are so grateful for that. And our families have been so wonderful, checking up on us and making sure we're alright. Yeah, they're pretty awesome like that :)

No comments: