Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thank Goodness!

For nausea relief!!! WOO HOO!!! where have you BEEN all my life?! ha ha. i have been so sick to my stomach since my antibiotic dose was doubled and I couldn't eat or sleep and life was pretty miserable. But we had to go back into urgent care for a follow up and they said it was looking better, but that there were still some small pockets of pus and yuckiness that needed to be cut opened and drained. blech. so of course, i get poked again. John was kind enough to mention that last time i was injected 4 times. eek!!! I was of course, freaking out while the doctor was getting it all ready. I hate how they always take forever and make you anticipate the pain LONGER. ;) But this time before I got the numbing shot i got something to kind of numb the skin around where i'd be getting the shot and this time the shots were a TON less painful! Where have YOU been all my life?!? So i was nice and numb and sat there while i got the rest of the yuckiness drained out and now it's all taken care of. Even though i was numb, i didn't appreciate getting poked and prodded and blech. I now have an ointment to put on the open wound 3 times a day and a nasal thing to do 3 times a day. I guess MRSA colonizes in the nose. How it got all the way down to my hip is beyond me, but whatever. And they gave me nausea pills which have been absolutely wonderful and i can eat and sleep now!! hurray!

Now we're paranoid about germs and bacteria so we spent this morning disinfecting our entire apartment so that no one else catches this un-funess. yay for bleach! And with all the ointments and creams and pills that i have going on, John has drawn up a schedule for me so that we can keep track of everything and when i do what, etc. He's so cute. :)

So now that I have pills to help the nausea, i'm a happy camper!! Unfortunately, John hasn't been quite himself lately. He's had a headache for the last couple of days and he took his temperature last night and it's lower than what is considered a normal body temperature. Of course there are people who have lower temperatures normally, but he doesn't remember the last time he's checked his temp so he has no idea if it's normal. hm. He googled it (Although at some point today I had to tell him to stay off of google because he keeps going and reading articles on MRSA and freaking himself out) and we read somewhere that something that can cause a low body temperature is being overwhelmed. That's my guess, ha ha. He also had a sore throat this morning and says he hasn't really felt like eating much. We're trying to keep high spirits, but it's been a rough couple of weeks and i think it's starting to wear down on us.

Thank you to everyone for your love and concern and keeping us in your prayers. It has really helped to keep the morale up when things get rough. We're lucky to have Mama Moffat down for a little while too, to hang out with me while John is at school so i'm not here at home alone.

I love family. :)

No comments: