Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Break, Part 1 1/2

Whew! That first post was getting a little long, yes? Yes. We are just doing so many things! I'm glad I have a chance to blog a little this morning before I get too far behind ;)

After riding the ducks (see this post) We went to the Butterfly palace. SO COOL! It's basically a large room (called the aviary) with lots of trees and plants and BUTTERFLIES! Of all different kinds! They were beautiful! We spent quite a while in there, just admiring the amazing colors and types of butterflies there are!

well, after we played around with stuff in the gift shop ;)

I think John's trying to show off his butterfly proboscis...


In the aviary

So pretty!


This one was one of my favorites

I really wanted one to land on me! But I'd get startled every time one came close ha ha

The place provided hats, binoculars and magnifying glasses for us to use

a beautiful blue one landed on John!!! But of course it wouldn't open its wings while we were trying to take a picture, but I promise it's blue ;)


So cool! After that they had a rain forest exhibit with frogs and salamanders and iguanas that we looked at and a mirror maze that we got lost in, but was so fun to try.

That evening we had dinner with some of grandma and grandpa's friends, then went to the Hollywood wax museum for a few minutes before catching the Clay Cooper show.

My camera battery died while at the wax museum, so I only have a couple, but grandma's friend is going to get hers to us later.

Life is like a box of chocolates...

Live long and prosper

The Clay Cooper show was awesome! I was a little nervous about it because I'm not a fan of country music, but they had a lot of different things in the show and it was a lot of fun.

After the show, we came home and crashed. Grandma and Grandpa totally wear us out ;)

No comments: