Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hawaii – Day 5

The Hike to Manoa Falls and the attack of the mosquitoes.

Friday morning (we could hardly believe it was already Friday!!!!) we hiked to Manoa falls in what was basically jungle. Hence the mosquitoes. I was one of the few smart people who wore long pants for this hike. I think we counted 42 bites on Kirsten’s legs alone. Itchy!!!!!

But the scenery was beautiful and the waterfall was really pretty. John’s friend Russ joined us and it was a fun trip.

 100_1288 100_1290 100_1292  100_1300 100_1304 100_1306 100_1309 100_1310100_1317 100_1319 100_1323 100_1324 100_1325 100_1329 100_1330 100_1340 100_1341 100_1342

After the hike, we went to a shaved ice place that Russ recommended. YUMMY! I got a raspberry shaved it. And it was red. I’m not gonna lie, I was hoping it’d be blue raspberry so I could turn my tongue blue. But anyways, moving on…it was so yummy. The ice was shaved so fine, that the flavoring didn’t sink to the bottom, it was full of flavor in every bite :)

 100_1346 100_1347 100_1349  I don’t think Amy and Kirsten really liked their ‘azuki bowl’. It had beans on it. That’s a little weird. ;) 100_1350100_1351 100_1354

After we got back to the rental house, some went to the beach, some stayed home to relax. Stay tuned! Next comes the part in which John and I are total tourists and the almost fatal arrangement of…family pictures ;)

1 comment:

Haylee said...

You guys look like you're having the time of your lives. I wish we could travel as much as you guys.