Friday, October 15, 2010

Good Luck John!

I love love LOVE being sneaky. Especially when it involves putting together a fun surprise for John. My greatest sneakiness: His birthday party when we were dating. Total surprise. Awesome sneakiness. Now that we’re married, we live in closer proximity than when we were dating, so it gets a little trickier to really pull off a good surprise. But I’m getting the hang of it ;)

John is at an interview today for a job he really wants!!! We are so excited and hopeful and so glad he has this opportunity to at least interview with the company.

He had to get up really early this morning to catch the train into the city for his interview. But he had to have a good breakfast to start the day off right! So he got up this morning to this!

100_1999 100_2000
Get it? Stud Muffin! ha ha ha haaaa SO cute, right? I can say that, because the little tags aren’t my idea. I found them off this cute blog called The Dating Divas. You should check it out, it’s got lots of fun creative date ideas as well as great ways to keep your marriage fun and alive. If you want the template for the muffins, you can find it on their site.

And no, I did not get up at 5 in the morning to make him muffins. I need my sleep! ;) And I have to be up at 4 tomorrow morning to go to my first stage! More on that later. Anyway, I did it last night before John came home from a recruiting dinner (same company as the interview today!!!!!!!!!!) and I only had an hour to make the muffins, clean up all incriminating evidence and get rid of the smell of freshly baked blueberry muffins from the kitchen(hardest part). I then hid all the muffins in an empty cupboard in the kitchen. I pulled them out and left them on the counter for him to find the next morning before we went to bed. And it was a nice surprise for him before he left. The little muffin tags on the counter all had confidence boosting messages on the back, like “You’re awesome!” and “You’ve totally got this!”. Nice touch, eh?

I love being sneaky! And here’s hoping the interviews today go well! Wish us luck!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Haylee said...

You're awesome. What a fun idea. I'm sending some luck your way.

Betsy said...

I love you guys. Seriously.

John said...

I absolutely loved the surprise! I never saw it coming! I have the best wife EVER!

Angie Hunt said...

You are a wonderful wifey and we thought of John all day - I am sure he must be in the running with that awesome breakfast boost!!!!!