Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine’s Day and Vinylizing

I absolutely adore alliterations.

Oh yeah, did I mention we’re also in the middle of a blizzard? Well, we are. School actually got CANCELED for me! Yesterday too! It’s a shocker because the school has never ever closed. Besides holidays. It’s crazy.

Here’s what we see out the living room window:
100_3193Here’s a video too. You don’t have to watch it, but you can see the snow blowing and some CRAZY people driving in it!!!!

So John and I are ‘chillin’ at home. Luckily John was able to bring some work home so he could get some stuff done. And I’m blogging. Obviously. Because I don’t have homework or anything like that. So I’m going to show you my latest decor schemes ;) Because I can. So there.

ANYWAYS you remember how I got the totally awesome make the cut program for my cricut for Christmas? Yeah, it’s totally awesome. I’ve been playing around with it and finally got some vinyl to try out and I’m loving it!!

After all the Christmas decorations came down I was all ready to decorate for the love month! I do love getting all festive. We have a space in the wall between the kitchen and the dining area that is my favorite place to set up a display :)
Ta da! All cute and ready for Valentines’!100_3206I know, we’re so CUTE! ;) The framed “p.s. I love you” is vinyl that I put right onto the cardstock.
100_3197
The glass block and bottle are both decorated with vinyl :) I thought the love potion was a nice touch ;) hee hee
100_3198
I got these two banners as free printables HERE100_3199 100_3200And my personal favorite, my Valentine’s day subway art!! Subway art is all the rage these days, you know. ;)
100_3202 I made them with my make the cut software!! And I have this obsession with cute fonts, so I had a lot of fun with this. ;)
100_3205
100_3203 
I also put together a cute frame for the piano (but not vinyl):
100_3210 
My vinyl fun didn’t stop there my friends, OH no. I also received a gift card to IKEA for Christmas (LOVE) and bought a new desk. (I was previously using a small 3’X2’ table) I then applied vinyl to the desk. ;) The cool thing about vinyl is that if I ever get tired of what I put on there, I can just take it off! But I don’t see that happening for a while ;) Mamma Moffat, sorry this has taken me so long to get up here, I’ve been meaning to show you!
100_3211Ahhh and a nicely organized bookshelf next door ;) For my cricut and crafting supplies!! 
100_3212
But I added a nice scroll design to my pull-out drawers and a small “to do” lettering to the back wall of the desk. It’s a white board, so I can make my to do list right on to it! :)
A close up. (LOVE IT!)
100_2984 
And there you go! I hope you’ve enjoyed my recent craftiness ;)

2 comments:

Those Crazy Browning's said...

very nice ashley! I love the swirly designs on the desk and the subway art and the other valentine stuff. I guess I love it all!

Angie Hunt said...

ok i couldn't wait to look and it is ALL so cute - however I think I am coveting your desk!!