Friday, March 11, 2011

Computer Vinylizing

Yeah, it was totally coming. Just don’t tell Jason what I’ve done to his old laptop. Because it’s MY laptop NOW! mwah ha ha haaaa

Actually it started with John’s laptop. He LOVED the bumper stickers I made him for Valentine’s day, and wanted something fun for his computer. He requested tiki men.  He went online and found some fun images for me to use and I can trace them RIGHT into my make-the-cut program! (Have I mentioned enough how much I LOOOOVE my make-the-cut software?!)

So tiki men it was.I snagged a picture of John applying it to his laptop. He was really excited. :)
100_3650
The red logo on the top left is for a surfing company. O’Neill, I think? I love the crazy tiki men with surfboards. It makes us smile.
100_3653
Then for the inside by the keyboard we had another sweet tiki man
100_3655 

I love that he wanted me to make vinyl for him. It supports my vinyl obsession. ;)

Then for MY computer ;) After seeing how cool John’s computer was, I just HAD to beautify mine! I’m recently totally in love with the damask design. I went online and found a seamless damask pattern and pieced it all together with make-the-cut and had the perfect design for my computer! It took forever to cut out, but it was TOTALLY worth the wait.

See what I mean?
100_3724
Jealous? ;) I’m thinking of putting a fancy ‘A’ monogram in the corner in black, but I haven’t found anything that I like yet. What do you think? Leave as is? Or monogram?

MAN I love this vinyl stuff!!!! ;)

2 comments:

surfingdds said...

I like what you've done with your blog. It's very pretty. And I like the vinyl designs on your computers. They are perfect for both of you!

Did you go to the parade today?

Love you,

Mom

Isabel said...

COOL COOL COOL