Oh yeah, and exams. But first, a master demonstration. Last exam week we were busy making up days we missed because of the blizzard. If things had gone normally, we would have started the week with one of these master demos. So on Monday we had Chef Pierre give a demo on bread showpieces. (he also made us pretzels. also known as the best pretzels I have ever tasted.) You know how we make showpieces out of chocolate and sugar? Yeah, you can do it with bread too. Although you can tell that some of it is not technically ‘bread’, everything he used to make these pieces were made with doughs made with flour. Cool huh? Yeah, Chef totally piped that picture on there. He called it “his lady” ;)
AND made a flower. With leaves.
This was also really cool. No, the wine was not baked with the bread, he used an empty bottle to mold the bread to the bottle’s shape.
It was really cool to see a bread showpiece, because we don’t really learn about it and it has a very unique, rustic style to it. Exams were crazy this week. We were tested on chocolate candies, chocolate sculpture, sugar sculpture, and tarts. That’s a lot. And you can’t work on chocolate and sugar at the same time because cooking sugar makes the kitchen hot. A hot kitchen melts chocolate. Bad for chocolate sculpture. So we were on a pretty strict schedule for when we could do certain things. But I got everything done on schedule and was pleased with my work. It was a crazy week though. I’m glad it’s over. I don’t have pictures of this week because I was busy getting my stuff done. But I hope you enjoyed the demo pictures. Next week we start fancy French cakes. MmmmMmm…
1 comment:
WOW that is fancy.
Post a Comment