Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day!!!

 

Whether you are celebrating your mom, or being a mom or just embracing womanhood, I want to wish you all a happy mother’s day!

A few words about my amazing, talented and beautiful mother.

I think as we all get older we have a better understanding and appreciation of our mothers. I know that’s definitely true for me. As an adult, I am just in awe of my Mom and everything that she has done for me and taught me in my life. She taught me to be true to myself. She has taught me how to give service. She raised me to understand the importance of choices and the responsibility for them. She taught me what it means to have true happiness. She taught me that family is eternally important. She shows me how to live the gospel of Jesus Christ.

She is my friend, my cheerleader, my confidante, my go to for advice
Me and Mom - The Girls

She is my teacher, my example, the listener, the model of who I want to bereception 042

She is everything I hope to be in a Mom someday. (Mom, I know you’re reading this. And try not to cry, okay? ;)
DSC_0033

And I can’t go without mentioning my wonderful Mother-in-Law!! I feel so blessed to have married into such a great family.

She has welcomed me into her family with open arms and I can’t even express how much that means to me. I’ll be honest, I was soooo nervous to meet her when John and I were dating. I needn’t have worried ;) She is such a wonderful, fun loving, sweet, amazing person and I am so grateful have such awesome in-laws. She raised a faithful, loving man that I got to marry, and her efforts will show throughout eternity!

So to my moms and all moms out there, thank you, thank you, thank you for everything that you do. I hope someone is telling you today how wonderful you are.

2 comments:

surfingdds said...

Dearest Ashley,

Thank you for your loving, kind tribute. This year I am especially grateful for the blessing of being a mother and mother-in-law. My heart if full with the richness of my life. What a joy all of you are to me. I love you.

Mom M.

Angie Hunt said...

sniff sniff - yes I did shed a few tears but they are the happy ones knowing of the love that we share. I am SO grateful to me your mom and friend. Having you as a daughter makes my job so much easier!! Lava you tons and tons!!!Thanks so such a wonderful post to me and the other moms in your life - they have shaped the wonderful women you have become now and into the future.
Mom