To make an announcement.
Today marks ONE WHOLE YEAR of being MRSA free!!!!
If you have known me/read this blog long enough (See label The Moffat MRSA Saga), you’ll know that beginning in 2009, I fought with MRSA for about 9 months. Blech. MRSA is a staph infection that is resistant to many antibiotics. When it goes untreated or gets into your bloodstream, it can be fatal. Thankfully, it never got that bad for me, but it was still very scary and very painful. Last year on May 5th (I know today is the 6th) I finished my last dose of antibiotics for my third and final MRSA infection. So starting May 6th, 2010, I’ve been MRSA free!! Since then I haven’t had any MRSA related problems! Hurray!!!
It was such a huge (and unpleasant) part of our lives for so long, but it really made us appreciate each other, medical knowledge in this day and age, and health insurance ;) So I really want to do something to celebrate. Any ideas??
No comments:
Post a Comment