Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Wilton Tent Sale!

Twice in one day?! I know! I have a lot to say!

I went on a little adventure this morning. Wilton, a company that makes a lot of the cake decorating stuff that I use, has an annual tent sale in June and EVERYTHING is 50% off! WOOT! So I drove my little self over to Woodridge and met my aunt Michelle over there and dove into the craziness. It started at 8 and I was there at 7:30 to get in line (you know it’s a big deal when I’m willing to get up before 8:30 on a Saturday morning). There were SOOO many people.

Look! It’s Wilton!100_4554
Sooo many people at 7:30 in the morning!
100_4555

Michelle took some pictures of the craziness for me because I was navigating the cart. I forgot to tell her that I didn’t have the flash on…sorry they are a little blurry…you get the idea :)
100_4556Michelle and I were sharing a cart…I did NOT get all this stuff ;)
100_4557It was so much fun!
100_4560

After I got home, I laid out my loot :) Not bad for about $50, eh? My most expensive buy was that (awesome) 3 in 1 caddy at $10!

100_4562Had to stock up on some cookie cutters…I fell in love with that high heeled shoe cutter with the princess set :) and I love the football cutters (super bowl party next year anyone?) And yes, a random dog bone cutter. It make me think of my mom and her puppies. And it was less than 50 cents ;)
100_4565Stocked up on cupcake liners! Can’t go wrong with tons of white ones and we found some way cute designs
100_4566

This thing can convert so it carries a cake OR 12 cupcakes OR 24 mini cupcakes!
100_4568And I got a new turntable. I accidentally melted my old one a couple years ago (got left on a hot stove burner…whoops) and now I finally have a new one!
100_4569

I also stocked up on piping bags, grabbed a pack of candles for 40 cents (you know, for our birthdays coming up) and got another small spatula and amazingly found some 4” round pans! I now have this inexplicable urge to make cupcakes and cookies. Only two more weeks until I get my KitchenAid!!!!!!!!! ;)

Oh yeah. It’s a good day :) See you next year Wilton!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hello Ashley! I'm not sure if you remember me, but my husband (Phil Bosen) is Brenda Moffat's brother.

Anyway, John and I recently became facebook friends, and I noticed he had a blog, so from there I found yours! So much fun!!!

I'm glad that Chicago is treating you so well!! Congrats on the new internship!