I’ll be honest. I haven’t really made any actual goals. I know, horribly untraditional. I haven’t even done a “2011 in Review” on the ol’ bloggy here. That might come tomorrow. Or something. We’ll see.
Because you see, I’m a stay at home wifey at the moment. And as such, it’s glaringly obvious what my current goals are: keep the apartment clean, stay in top of the laundry, do the grocery shopping and make dinner and ORGANIZE! I know that that list sounds totally boring, but I’m actually enjoying it. And knowing that I’m doing it so that John can get his work and studying done gives it a purpose, because he’s had to do it all for the past year while I’ve been doing school and my internship. So now it’s my turn. :) And having extra time to craft and put vinyl on everything I can find isn’t too bad either…hee hee hee
Which brings me to my first decluttering/organizing project: my desk! I wish I’d taken a before picture, but I guess you’ll just have to appreciate the awesomeness without the comparison ;)
AND I have to point out that I was able to reorganize everything without spending anything! All the containers I have now are ones we already had! Some took a little paint and they worked perfectly! So I’m quite proud of myself :)
Now, the unveiling! Ta Da! Sorry about the lighting…I still don’t know what I’m doing in that respect…anyway, I readjusted the shelves on the right hand side of the desk so I could actually fit containers in there. I haven’t labeled two of them because I don’t know quite yet what’s going in there, but it’s nice to know I have the extra container space :)
These file drawers were a mess inside and so I cleaned them out and organized my loose papers and things into manila folders and binders. And yes, I did take of my vinyl swirls that I had on before, but the white space makes it look more open and cleaner now.
I found these awesome little containers in my craft stash. I knew I was saving them for a reason! And of course, they needed cute labels. :) And ignore John if he points out that the containers are see through…so you wouldn’t exactly NEED a label…but like I said to him last night, it’s for consistency…and besides, aren’t the little pictures awesome?!
And one more shot of the whole thing before we go ;)
Yay! I’m liking this decluttering business. I wonder what I will tackle next… ;)
3 comments:
Yay, Ashley! You do good by all crafters when you actually use something you've stowed away for later use. :) From what I did to organize my desk so far this year, I tossed several crafty items that I had to admit to myself I was never going to use--ugh. But, despite those unpleasant feelings, I'll focus on your good example!
Excellent job! Love the vinyl!!!
I kind of love organizing things. No, maybe the right word is adore. It's sort of therapeutic to put things in their rightful place. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves making things look pretty and organized.
Post a Comment