Friday, January 27, 2012

Heart Cookie Extravaganza!

Okay, so I just couldn’t wait until Valentines Day. And I can only clean the apartment so many times in one week. (I’ll have you know that the kitchen and the bathroom are spotless right now!) And I’m planning on making football themed cookies next week, but I couldn’t wait until next week to make cookies either.

Enough with the explanations. I made heart cookies. Lots of them. And lots of different kinds.

:)

Easiest V-day cookies EVER. Outline. Flood. Dry. Write (with my AWESOME food writer markers). DONE. :)conversation heartsAND they turn out just so cute! I made some larger ones last year, but I like them much better smaller. :)

I tried doing some free hand conversation hearts. And I learned I kinda suck at free hand. I’m okay with it. I’ll just need to practice.
free hand conversation heartsI had a bit of a nerdy moment on that green heart on the back left cookie. And I got a little hungry…cookie decorating takes a lot of energy!!

I made some plain hearts and before I could decide whether or not I wanted to put something else on them, I decided to take them to the cute girl that comes to the ESL class (put on by the ward) that I’m one of the “facilitators” for. She’s the only one that comes to the class…so we REALLY appreciate her ;)
Heart CookiesMore free hand hearts…I got a little better…but of course, I’m only going to show you my best ones, aren’t I? ;)
hearts stitchedThese are some of my favorites! I love the multi-colored plaid/criss-cross look.
plaid and heartsAnd the grand finale!! An amazing thing happened. I saw a piping concept on this blog (LOVE her stuff!! She is amazing!) that I thought was incredible and wanted to try it, and I had cookies already flooded and dried to try it right away! It was fabulous, and I love the way they turned out!
lacy hearts

Alright…now to figure out where all these cookies are going…because I’m not eating them all…;)

2 comments:

Iuliana@Hip2Thrift said...

these look amazing!!! And the pictures are good too.

Kara said...

They are all cute, but the last ones are spectacular!