Thursday, January 19, 2012

Oh Pinterest…

What on earth did I do without you??

Seriously. Talk about a boatload of inspiration EVERYDAY. Which is good for me. Because I’m in serious need of inspiration. Mostly for what-the-heck-am-I-going-to-do-today-because-we-still-don’t-know-when-we’re-moving-yet kind of days. Which are often…

SO. This is what Pinterest has given me this week ;)

Adorable door/wall hanging for Valentine’s that I saw on Pinterest:
hanging

Here’s what I made:
100_5329

Not too bad, eh? I think the original has fabric rosettes, but I used paper streamers, because 1) that’s what I had and 2) I wanted the heart to be red, and 3) that’s what I had ;) I also used a canvas because well, that’s what I had! ;) I’ve decided I love working with canvases though. They might be a little pricey sometimes (like when you don’t have a 40% off coupon for Michaels) but I love the look. And my vinyl goes on quite nicely ;)

Inspiration for the bedroom – jewelry hangers!
jewelry hangars

I know, so cute, right? They aren’t finished, but here’s what I have so far:
100_5331100_5333100_5336

The originals are covered in fabric, but I wasn’t finding anything that I really liked. And since I was using canvases (again, LOVE), I found these awesome patterns somewhere online, and cut them out in vinyl and used them as stencils to paint the design on there in the colors I wanted. Awesome, right? I know. ;) I just need the screw in hook things to finish them off. But of course, I probably won’t hang them up until we get to our new place. I guess that means my necklaces must suffer in tangled messes a little bit longer…

But I digress. My big project today was cookies! Now, I really shouldn’t show you the pinterest original, but you’ll just have to understand that it’s been OVER A YEAR since I’ve touched an airbrush…so my technique is lacking…just a heads up…
Okay, here’s the pinterest find:
cookies

I know. They just look so perfect. (maybe the awesome photography has something to do with it too ;) One day I’m going to get like that. Hopefully. Anyway, here are mine!! I’m still actually quite pleased with them (and VERY glad my airbrush and compressor work after being locked away in their boxes for over a year since I got them) but I definitely need some practice with the airbrush again ;)
100_5318100_5320I also tried some squares too, because I got awesome square cutters for Christmas!
100_5324100_5325

I also tried a new royal icing recipe (also on Pinterest ha ha) and technique that I think I really like! So all in all – Success!

And quite honestly, I don’t think John’s coworkers are going to care that I need to work on my airbrush technique…they’ll just be glad I’m making them more goodies before we leave! ;)

So pinterest, until we meet again…

1 comment:

Angie Hunt said...

YUM! this is just ONE of the many reasons John has job security!!! ;)