Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Cookies: Extreme Edition

I’m feeling rather nontraditional this year. I realized this after I was looking through the weekly grocery ads and they are advertising everything you’d need for your Easter dinner. I didn’t really plan on being nontraditional, but given that we only have a week and a half left before we leave (YAY!) I am trying to be somewhat minimalistic in my grocery shopping, especially with the perishable things. So I was discussing this with John and I was telling him that we wouldn’t being having an “Easter Dinner” and he was okay with that. I asked him if he wanted to dye eggs. Not really. I didn’t really care either way. So we’re not having an Easter dinner. Or dyeing eggs. Which is okay. Because that’s not what Easter is about.

It’s about cookies.

 

I’m kidding.

KIDDING. ;)

However, I made some super awesome Easter/Spring/Good bye cookies for the people at John’s office. Remember the cookies I made last year for the Easter baskets we made for my cousins?
easter cookies 2011

Cute right? ;) Well, I decided to be more fancy-pants this year. (And I have a much better sugar cookie recipe this time around) But enough talk. I show you now. *there are a lot of pictures, I loved them so* ;)
ee 1ee 2ee 3ee 4I did 8 different designs, the hard part was figuring out the designs in the first place. I found some awesome inspiration online and kind of took it from there. It took me about 6 hours to do 40 cookies. My hand and neck hurt like you wouldn’t believe! But would you believe it? I loved every minute :)
ee 5These two ended up being my favorite. I just loved the brush embroidery flowers on the blue background. Just lovely. And my lace on the green one there just looked exceptionally nice ;)
ee 6ee 7ee 8ee 9I made the trek this morning to John’s office, it’s a 20-25minute walk from the train station and I was terrified I would trip and fall, or run into someone, or someone would attack me for my cookies and they would all fall and break. But I made it without any problem and set them up on a big tray I found in the kitchenette. John sent out a mass email to everyone in the office, and by the time we left, there were about 6 cookies still on the tray! ;) Everyone was so impressed.
ee 12ee 13

We stopped for lunch and I ended up giving a few out to the cashiers at our lunch stop. It was pretty funny. Now we have two left. Chances are John will eat them ;)

And those are my fancy-pants Easter cookies! I’m really happy with them. They took forever, but all the detail that I made sure to add really made a difference in the way they turned out. I’m quite proud of myself :)

6 comments:

Karin said...

HOLY COW! awesome much? those are gorgeous!!!!!!

Iuliana@Hip2Thrift said...

Ashley...it didn't even take me that long to give birth to my baby. You are seriously amazing and patient to make such detailed designs on the cookies. I would frame them if I could. On the other hand, they look soooo good, that I doubt I'd have the strength to just look at them...

Emily Robison said...

Wow those cookies are amazing!! You have talent! :)

McKenna said...

So pretty! Too pretty! I wouldn't want to eat them!!

Emily said...

Awesome!! I think they're wonderful. Great job!

Angie Hunt said...

So beautiful- you are so good Miss fancy pants!!!