So it’s February and officially Love Day Treat time.
Okay, so they aren’t exactly Valentine-y, just work with me here.
I went on a bit of a cookie cutter shopping kick when I was looking for cutters for the cookies I want to make for Nathan’s 1st birthday. (Yes, I know it’s not for another 3 months. Is that a problem?) And I found some really cute ones. For the birthday AND for fun.
And when I get new cutters, I usually want to use them right away. I totally sound like the if-you-give-a-mouse-a-cookie mouse. If you give an Ashley a new cutter, she will want to make some cookies. And if she wants to make some cookies, you will end up with a blog post like this!
Milk and Cookie Cookies! (I love saying that. Cookie Cookies!) I got my inspiration HERE. Someday I will be as good as her. I wish my chocolate chips had turned out more like hers. Oh well. These also took me several days to finish these as the Little Man decided to spend about 2 hours in the middle of the night to talk to himself and/or cry for two nights in a row. And then start the day at 6:30am. So. Fun. Anyway…
Growing up my Dad and I would make chocolate chip cookies on Sundays. Then as I got older I would make the dough and he would bake them. I never liked waiting around for the baking part. He usually ended up cleaning up my mess too. ;)When I make real chocolate chip cookies now, John says I never put enough chocolate chips in there. (I actually don’t really like chocolate) So I tried to put more in these ones.
My new cookie jar cutter is definitely a favorite. How cute are these cookie jar cookies?!
But the milk bottle is a close second. Can’t have cookies without milk! Are you a dunker? I’m totally a dunker. But just with chocolate chip cookies.
One of my goals this year is to get back into my cookie making. I think we’re off to a good start, yes?
No comments:
Post a Comment