Sunday, March 2, 2014

Chastain Night Cookies –The 80s

While our activities at the ward chastain night last night are going to get their own post, I wanted to share the fun cookies I made for our table.

What is a chastain night/activity? Well, each table picks their own theme.

What was our table’s theme? The 80s!

And I, of course, was in charge of dessert. ;) Since I can’t actually remember any of the 80s, I couldn’t tell you what kinds of sweets were popular then (besides sherbet. and razzles.) but I could make some cookies to depict the trends of the day. So that’s what I did! IMG_1835We’ve got Rubik's cubes…
IMG_1840Pac-Man and his ghostie friends (Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde. Clyde is the orange one. I looked it up ;) )
IMG_1841Tape cassettes! My Dad loooooooves 80s music, so making these actually made me think of him. And how he has a seemingly endless supply of knowledge of 80s groups and the songs they sang and all the words of said songs...
IMG_1847And finally, brightly colored sunglasses and catchy phrases of the day.
IMG_1848I’m really happy with how they turned out. Even though I wasn’t really around for the real 80s, 80s cookies are pretty fun!
IMG_1849

2 comments:

Jill said...

Those cookies were seriously amazing. You did great. It had to have taken you forever to make those.

Merybloguera said...

You capture 80s perfectly well.
I love the cassette.