Sunday, May 4, 2014

A Little Monkey Birthday Party, Part 1

So Little Man is getting spoiled this year (but honestly, when is he not spoiled?! ;) and is getting two birthday parties this year for his big number one.

The first was here with a few friends and the next will be in a few weeks at my parent’s house to celebrate with family. I sent out a super cute (if I do say so myself) invitation that I put together in Photoshop after trying my very hardest to get a decent photo of the cute, yet very wiggly boy
Invite for Blog

(It looks really blank because I took out that personal information stuff so that creepy people won’t stalk us. Just in case you were wondering… )

And yesterday we had our little party at the park. Since I start planning things like this months in advance, pretty much all of the decorations were all ready to go, I just spent the whole week making the food. I really did spend all week on the food. I know that sounds a little ridiculous. But I’m a pastry chef. I have a reputation to uphold, you know. But I did have fun getting ready for the party, so don’t you worry!

It was forecasted to be a perfect day, but just as I was finishing the set up, it started to sprinkle. And I wanted to shake my fist at the sky and curse any and all rainclouds in existence (I didn’t actually do this, but I so wanted to), but it ended up being just a little sprinkle and then the sun came out and it was a perfect afternoon with maybe a little too much wind, but I was very grateful the weather turned out nice for us. Because my table turned out so cute!
IMG_2287We had pasta salad, fruit salad, chips and salsa…
IMG_2290Pigs-in-a-blanket…which, to my surprise, was probably the most popular non-dessert food ;)
IMG_2291And for dessert, oreo truffles, cookies, and cupcakes!
IMG_2292I had so much fun making these cute monkey themed cookies – I think they turned out really well! My favorites were the squares with the letter ‘n’ and the vines :)
IMG_2293I found a really yummy lemonade recipe through pinterest that turned out soooo good. It’s basically sprite, pineapple juice and country time lemonade powder. Tasty.
IMG_2297And we had M&M’s for our favors – in those baby food jars that I’ve been saving for who-knows-how-long…glad to finally be rid of them! Hee hee
IMG_2296

We had the party at a park so the kids could play at the playground and we spread out some blankets and ate food and chatted. Nathan enjoyed grabbing at the food on Mom and Dad’s plates. That fork he’s holding? He held on to that thing for about 90% of the time. I’m pretty sure I’ve got at least one set of scratches on my leg and he almost poked John’s eye out. Too fun. A spoon would have been safer…
IMG_2318IMG_2301IMG_2304Then when he got a little tired, he would relax on his Mommy-Recliner.
IMG_2306IMG_2312IMG_2314He really enjoyed eating the pasta from the pasta salad and managed to snag quite a bit from our plates!
IMG_2322

Then we opened some presents!
IMG_2327IMG_2328Sorry his hat keeps hiding his face…we were facing the sun, you know ;)
IMG_2334Note the ever present fork…
IMG_2337He got a pretty good haul! ;)
IMG_2341

Thanks to everyone who was able to join us to celebrate Nathan’s big day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Ashley, next time I want to do a party I think I will hire you! How talented you are. Looks like he had a wonderful first birthday!!
Suzy Rhodes

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!!!!! Ashley you did an AWESOME job!!!! Can't wait for us to sit down and talk about K's party!!!! Everything looks FAB!!!!! Can't believe he's already 1.

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN! !!!!!! I can't believe he's already 1!!! Ashley you did a FANTASTIC job on his party. Can't wait for us to sit down and discuss K's party... 1 years old!!! Still doesn't seem like it. Happy birthday again Nathan!!!