So if you didn’t know already, John works with the Scouts in our ward. He’s been with the YM and Scouts for the last 4 years (as a result I have a love/hate relationship with Scouts most of the time) so he’d better be in there by the time Nathan starts Scouts because John does a really good job.
Anyway, Scout Camp and High Adventure are coming up this summer and the boys in the ward had a fundraiser dinner and silent auction and were looking for donations for the auction. So I made cookies for them to sell. Scout themed cookies. :)
(I’ll have you know that I didn’t have my reference email that John sent me with the Scout law when putting together the trait cookies on this platter – and I got them in the right order!!! BAM! Scored a high five from the Hubs! ;) )
My favorite is my little Eagle Scout uniform. When I showed John he’s all “Wow. That’s a lot of merit badges. Maybe every single one.” Well of course, my cookie scouts are quite accomplished.
And we had tents for allllll those campouts ;)
After I made the fleur de lis cookies, I had the ‘Be Prepared’ song from Lion King stuck in my head…
I ended up having enough for 2 platters of 2 dozen cookies each. And they sold at the auction, so I’m glad I could help! :)
1 comment:
Your mom told me about the cookies. They look amazing.
Post a Comment