Seriously? I know. ;)
So a couple of years ago when Pinterest was still pretty new and I wasn’t even thinking about having kids, I stumbled upon a blog/etsy shop of this cute girl who made felt food and toys for her kids. I thought “Oh my gosh, that is so stinkin’ adorable, I totally have to do that when I have kids.”
Fast forward a couple of years…I have a kid (in case you hadn’t noticed…) and though the blog I had found isn’t really active anymore, she came out with a BOOK! And it just so happened that I got a Barnes and Noble gift card from Nathan for Mother’s Day ;)
So I have been in a felt frenzy, making little play food for my little man. Granted, he’s not really old enough to know what to do with them, but they are nice and soft and can withstand the banging up against random surfaces that Little Man so thoroughly enjoys.
So here’s a little bit of what I’ve been working on. Forgive me my poor staging abilities…
We have a cake, complete with frosting.To be sliced into 6 pieces – to share with friends :)
An ice cream sandwich and an orange dreamsicle
Sugar cookies and an almond scone (the cookies seem to be a favorite – they fit perfectly in Nathan’s hand, so those get carried around a lot)
Lest you think I’m only making dessert, here’s some manly food: T-bone steak and baby back ribs!
And I have plans for lots more! By the time Little Man is old enough for a play kitchen, his pantry will be fully stocked! ;)
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, those are SO CUTE!! I love the frosting on the cake :) What's her book called?
LOVE IT!!!
so adorable and that cake is the cutest play cake I've ever seen! I may have to steal these ideas and make some for my Abby because she loves to play with stuff like that. I know for sure that they will not be as cute as yours and I'm now officially convinced that everything you touch turns to gold.
Love Love Love this!! What a cute and fun idea! I think this might have to be one of my new hobbies too! Now I have to go search pinterest! Thanks for the fun idea! Yours turned out adorable!
Post a Comment