We went berry picking at Larriland Farms last weekend when my family came up to visit – Jason was in town – and we had so much fun! The weather was beautiful, and we picked sooooo many berries!
We had hoped to pick strawberries, but we had just missed the season, but there were raspberries and blueberries!
They had goats and llamas over at the barn.There were red raspberries, purple raspberries, and black raspberries. We started with red raspberries (which was probably a good idea, since they were the least thorny). The purple raspberries were a lot bigger, and the black raspberries were really tart!
This is when I make fun of Jason because it looks like he doesn’t have any berries in his box. We routinely fought over the ripest berries on the bushes. I typically lost…he’s bigger and stronger than me… ;)
Jennifer was great and watched Little Man for us while we picked.
He really loves the camera.
I tried to get him to taste a raspberry – he loves them – but totally spit this one out for some reason!
He found some excellent sticks to play with while he waited for us to finish.
We came away with about 5-6lbs of berries (I think, it’s been a whole week now, so I don’t actually remember…)! We picked blueberries too, but I don’t think we have any pictures of that. But what I love about Larriland farms is their abundance of fruit for picking. There’s no scrounging around for good berries, they are everywhere! We ate a bunch with waffles the next day and the rest are in the freezer. I see milkshakes, popsicles, and hot raspberry sauce in our future!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment