Friday, August 8, 2014

15 Months!

Getting so big! (And we’re starting the countdown to nursery now! ;) )

*This kid LOVES his books. I mean, he’s always loved them, but there have been days this month when his books are the most-played-with items. Which basically means he pulls them out of his bookshelf, “reads” them and they somehow end up alllll over the apartment. His favorites are actually the ones we’ve gotten from the kids’ meals at Chick-fil-a. Nana often gets a kids’ meal whenever she goes, so she saves the books for us. They are just his size and it’s crazy adorable to watch him kick back and look at these little books.
IMG_2830

*Officially signing! I thought we’d had a breakthrough when he was 12 months, but it was a fluke. He can sign ‘more’ and ‘eat’ though ‘more’ is pretty much associated with anything food related. Give me more food! Now I actually have to learn a couple more signs so that we can teach them. It’s so exciting when he can tell me that he wants to eat without any prompt from me! I’ve started using the signs for ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ and when he does ‘please’ it’s more like he rubs his arms all over his chest and it’s hilarious. We’re working on it. ;)
100_0648

*Has decided he hates all diaper changes. It robs him of precious playing and exploration time. You’d think I was torturing him. Good grief.

*Loves to be a helper. He’s actually getting pretty good at helping me with the laundry. I can get him to hand me clothes from the washer for me to put in the dryer, and then when the clothes are dry I can give him 1 or 2 items at a time to take over to the couch to be folded. It’s so stinkin’ cute!

*Becoming quite the dancer. Will totally dance when there is music on. We’ve added hip swinging, conducting, and head banging to our repertoire.
IMG_2766

*I’m not really sure why we bother with toys. He has a little collection of cardboard boxes, cardboard tubes, plastic containers, spoons and spatulas that he plays with far more often than any of his toys (besides his books). We have started to build towers and then knock them over. It’s great fun.
IMG_2835IMG_2840

*Getting a bit of a temper! I’m so not ready for this. Will usually get frustrated when he can’t get something to work (like his board book doesn’t fit into his sand bucket) and will then throw the offending items as hard as he can. I’m waiting for a board-book-sized dent in the wall to show up here soon. That or it will be sippy-cup-shaped. Heaven forbid the cup be empty when he wants a drink!
100_0765

*Cut some molars! It’s so funny to see a random tooth near the back of his mouth. We’re getting a little better at brushing his teeth with his new big boy toothbrush. So over the teething though. Why do we even have teeth, anyway?!

*Loves to have friends over. We have a few people in our ward with little people around Nathan’s age and he loves when we get to see other people his size. It’s still more parallel play than any real social interaction, but he also really likes to just watch other kids. When we go to the playground and there are older kids running around, he follows them around and watches them.
IMG_2801IMG_2813

*Has started to become a little more affectionate (but still not much of a snuggler). There have been occasions when he will come up and hug my legs, without reaching for me to pick him up. There was also a time this week when I was sitting on the floor and he came up and gave me a hug from behind and rested his head on my shoulder. And stayed like that for several seconds. It was soooooo sweet. I melted.
100_0781

*We are switching to one afternoon nap. I know. It’s been a little crazy. We’ve had one really rough day so far, but the rest haven’t been too bad. We’ve only been at it for a week. But he seems to be doing pretty well with it. I’m kind of missing my extra break during the day though, ;) but it’s fun to have the whole morning to run errands, go to the playground, make messes, etc.

*Loves to make noise! I gave him a metal veggie steamer pot and a wooden spoon yesterday and he had a ball. Seriously. He was making ‘music’ pretty much the entire evening. Loved it. Good thing I hardly ever use the veggie steamer…
IMG_2795

*He is just so fun and loves to make us laugh! Love you Little Man!
IMG_2837

No comments: