Monday, June 22, 2015

Spencer's Nursery Reveal

Ohhhh you guys! We are getting so close! I go between feelings of panic and feelings of "I AM SO DONE BEING PREGNANT". The second one actually tends to occur more often, which I take as a good sign ;)

But anyway, I've been meaning to take and post pictures of our cute little nursery! John was making fun of me the other day, getting a room ready that he won't even use for several months, since we'll have him sleep in our room in a bassinet for a little while. But I was scrambling to get it done now, because if I wait until after Spencer arrives it's never going to happen.

So I finally remembered to take some pictures, and here we are. We went with a color scheme of Navy, Grey and Apple Green with a nautical theme. I really liked it in Nathan's room, so I decided to keep with it for Spencer's.

Here's what you'd see when you walk in the door:
Remember the bunting in Nathan's room? I loved it so much, I made one for Spencer. I'd never made one before, but it was super easy, and Nathan and I had fun picking out the fabric a few weeks ago. Next to the rocker we have the dresser that started it all, along with the gallery wall. I scored this dresser from a friend in the ward - they just moved and were selling a lot of their furniture. She was worried no one would want it since it was such a unique color but it ended up being PERFECT for us and helped me finally decide on the color scheme for this room, as I'd been completely torn between two completely different looks. And since it was already painted, I didn't have to paint it! Which I would have done had I found a dresser to makeover, but with this one I didn't have to haul it down to my parents, paint it, and get it back here. Win win win win!
We have a little bookshelf for books, toys and other things like wipes, and I'm going to have a large storage bin on the other side of the dresser for diapers. Right now that corner has our hospital bags. (Eeek!)

If you keep going you'll see the adorable striped curtain I found. It's actually a fabric shower curtain that I found at Bed Bath and Beyond, but it was exactly what I was looking for in my price range AND I didn't have to DIY anything (which rarely happens - so I was extra excited). Once Spencer starts sleeping in this room I'll add a blackout panel to the curtain, since I don't know that I'll have time to do it before he gets here. So pleased with this find though.



Along the other wall we will put the crib once we've transitioned Nathan out of it (which I'm SO not looking forward to - chances he'll actually stay in the big boy bed at night are basically slim to none). I found this adorable set of nursery wall art that I loved on Etsy, but at $40 a print for a total of $120 for all 3 that wasn't really going to work. So I made my own knockoff in Photoshop and printed them out at Costco, and it came to $6 instead. Muuuuuch better. :) I also refashioned the mobile that I made for Nathan's room by replacing all the red circles with green ones and I absolutely love how it turned out.

And that's it! I am so happy with the way everything turned out AND that I managed to get it all done before Spencer's arrival. The countdown begins!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Darling room! I love your wall art and frames and color scheme!