So you might remember when I was 36 weeks pregnant with Nathan, I made a wedding cake. This past week, at 35 weeks pregnant, I made an Eagle Scout Court of Honor cake. Maybe we should just make it a tradition. ;)
Thankfully, this cake was a very simple design, so it was totally manageable. It was 3-tiered with white fondant and white fleur de lis and ribbon. Bam. Done. And they had a cool porcelain eagle they wanted on top. Easy peasy. What was not easy was trying to get all the cake baked off one morning with a cranky toddler. Who suddenly decided he liked cake and really wanted to eat it. Mean mommy wouldn't let him. It's tough to be 2.
Anyway, it turned out very nice, even if assembly was stressful. (It's always stressful) I had to take it over to the church in three pieces because otherwise it would be too heavy for me to carry and I had to do it myself because John stayed home with Nathan so I could make the delivery. But it all worked out.
So here it is!
Very glad to have that done! I was completely exhausted all week, but I enjoyed making it. I actually have another cake request for the 28th - which would put me at 38 weeks. The verdict is still out on that one, am I crazy enough to take it? Any bets? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment