Friday, October 9, 2015

General Conference Activity Board

I also wanted to post about this super awesome General Conference activity board that I made with a couple of friends a few weeks ago. A friend of mine found it HERE and told me about it. (if you want to make your own, the link has the instructions and all the printables!) I'm so glad she did! I love it because it isn't supposed to just keep kids entertained during conference, but it's designed to engage them and get them to participate. Nathan is still a little young to use it properly, but he enjoyed playing it with just the same.

How fun is this?!

On the right hand side we have a large selection of topics with pictures that are attached with velcro.

In the center we have the podium, where your little person can attach the picture of whoever is currently speaking and a speech bubble to match up to 4 topics cards based of the topic of the current talk.

When the speaker is finished, they go to a comfy red chair. The top three are for the First Presidency, the next 12 are for the Quorum of the Twelve, and the remainder are for the rest of the speakers.

Here you can move the temple to the corresponding session.

 On the left we have a map with temples to place on the continents where new temples have been announced, as well as an airplane to move around any time a country is mentioned in a talk. Beneath the map is a music section, with an arrow to point to the MoTab or a guest choir and the circle on the left can point to who is singing: the men, the women, or both.

There is also a place to display the organist and conductor for each session.


The entire board is covered in contact paper, so you can take a dry-erase marker and write in the statistics for the number of members, missionaries and temples there are in the world here.

I didn't get a very good picture of them but underneath all the music stuff are pockets that hold pictures of all the general authorities and everything attaches with velcro.

I think he likes it! He didn't use it much during conference, but again, he's a little young for it at this point. But I'm so glad I have this completed and ready for when he's old enough!

No comments: