So I’ve actually had these made for a little while now and we’ve used them in FHE (Family Home Evening) once already, but I hadn’t had a chance to take any pictures.
I got the idea from a friend of mine who told me she wanted to make puppets for her son to act out the scripture stories. Since I tend to go overboard with things like this, I went a step further and made dolls. I plan on making more as we get through other stories, but the ones I have made will get us through a couple of weeks.
So here they are! When I was looking for inspiration I came across this etsy shop and fell in LOVE with her felt doll patterns (I want to make them ALL!). So I bought her Prince pattern and modified it to make the little guys you see here!
From left to right: Lehi, Sariah, Laman, Lemuel, Sam and Nephi (Yes, I realize the Nephi is the only one with shoes…I was getting a little lazy there at the end. I kind of like them better without shoes though, so I might take Nephi’s off at some point…)From left to right: Angel, Laban and Zoram. There was quite a bit of debate on whether or not I should have made Laban’s head detachable. You’d be surprised at the number of arguments there were for a detachable head. I decided not to freak out my children ;) Even if they don’t get it now, they will!
Aren’t they so fun?! I love them. FHE has been quite entertaining with them. We can’t seem to get Nathan to say the right lines. At one point he was Laban and I was Laman and I was asking for the Brass Plates and I told Nathan to say “No! You can’t have them!” and he just goes “Here you go! You can have them!” And Spencer just tries to eat them.
So even with adorable scripture story dolls, FHE is still a work in progress. We get points for trying, right? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment