This is definitely another one of those I-got-a-new-cookie-cutter-I-must-use-it-NOW type situations. ;)
We celebrated our 7th (!!) anniversary last month and we still try to do the ‘traditional’ themes. Year 1 is paper, year 2 is cotton, year 3 is leather (if I remember correctly), etc. Year seven was copper. But we cheated a little. Neither of us really have much use for copper – so we just went with regular ol’ metal instead. And John got me cookie cutters. :)
One of the shapes I picked was a sunflower, and since we just saw some gorgeous sunflowers this weekend AND we had a Labor Day picnic for church, I made some summery/picnic cookies!
I even pulled out my airbrush to do that cool gingham look you can see on some of them. (I’ve been dying to try that forever, so glad I finally had an occasion!!)
The sunflowers are definitely my favorite, though the mason jars or lemonade are a close second. I was going to add in some picnic baskets but I ran out of
motivation brown icing time. Oh well, maybe another time ;)
The picnic ended up going really well and the cookies were a hit! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment