Alriiiight I’m finally posting things that happened THIS month! ;)
My mom’s birthday was this last weekend, so she came up to visit, which is always a treat for us. :) The week leading up to her visit I was working furiously on a few birthday surprises for her. The original plan for our Harry Potter party was that I would make Harry Potter robes for everyone in my family. I ran short on time AND fabric (hello, 6’2” brother who took up all the fabric ;) ) so I only managed to make robes for Jason and Eryn. I had half the fabric I needed to finish my mom’s – and she had really wanted one made by me – so I got the remaining fabric I needed and finished up her robe. I’m getting pretty good at them now, it doesn’t take nearly as long to put together. And then I made her some birthday cookies!
She only came up for the day, but we spent every minute capitalizing on our time with Nana!
Stories are usually demanded requested the moment of her arrival ;) She’s stylin’ in her new Hogwarts robe, yes?School themed birthday cookies!
And I packaged them all cute in one of my new fancy bakery boxes ;)
We went to Chuck E Cheeses – we’ve taken the boys a couple of times when we’ve been visiting my parents and they love it. We happen to have one really close so we gave ours a try. Definite success.
You know those games they have that are really just gambling for kids? Well, we tried one for fun (it was pirates, why not?) and just so happened to win the jackpot for that game! We were laughing hysterically as all those tickets came out.
And then we found a LIGHTNING MCQUEEN RACING GAME. The boys were in heaven. We played that game several times. Even after Nathan had moved on to something else, Spencer didn’t want to leave his seat. ;)
And let it be known that I BEAT JOHN in our last race!! (because honestly, we were driving – the kids can’t even reach the pedals!) ;)
After Chuck E Cheeses we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch where Nathan was a selfie master.
With our winnings from Chuck E Cheese, we got some cotton candy and Spencer devoured it on the way home. He loved it, if you couldn’t tell ;)
The boys had naps and quiet time and then it was time for Nana to go home. Thanks for all the fun Nana! It was so fun to see you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment