Whew! Now that I’ve posted all of Nathan’s birthday fun I can get to my next monthly post for Spencer. I can’t believe how fast the time is going by – only 2 months to his 2nd birthday! Eek!
*His vocabulary continues to explode and he’s really starting to put words together. Being a total copycat seems to help expand his vocabulary. Nathan has taught him ‘movie’ and “Elsa” and “llama llama time to share” (though it comes out as ‘llamamama SHARE’). I think some of my favorite things to hear him are ‘strawberries’ and ‘help!’. I think ‘help’ is funny because it’s usually him saying it when he wants me to do something he’s totally able to do on his own.
*He has finally cut more teeth! I felt so bad because a couple of top molars totally came through before we realized he was teething. I think he has about 4 molars now. And no canines. Weird.
*He’s got some awesome dance moves and can jump getting both feet off the ground, which is definitely a favorite activity.
*He is a total copycat. He mostly copies Nathan but will imitate mom and dad occasionally. One of my favorite examples was when we were all walking down a sidewalk and Nathan was running ahead and tripped and fell in the grass (he didn’t hurt himself, whew!), and Spencer, following, ran over and just fell over in the same spot that Nathan did. Nathan noticed and it became a game of them falling over in the grass. Being a copycat can be a good thing – he’s usually really good about folding his arms when we say prayers because everyone else is doing it.
*Has SUCH a sweet tooth! The words ‘brownies’, ‘cookies’, and ‘donuts’ are prominent additions to his vocabulary ;)
*Can be such a stinker sometimes! He thinks it’s so fun to antagonize Nathan when things are getting too quiet around here and will run up and snatch something Nathan was playing with and run off as fast as he can. This usually ends in tears of at least one of them. *sigh*
*Still very affectionate, which I totally love. He gives the best snuggles and loves and it’s awesome.
*Makes really awesome facial expressions and his antics still keep us laughing!!
Love you little man!!
No comments:
Post a Comment