I am sooooo late this month – it’s been a little crazy since last week but I’ve only got one more monthly update for Spencer after this so I really wanted to get this one in before his birthday!!
*His vocabulary has EXPLODED in the last month! I want to say that by age 2 kids are supposed to know about 50 words. I’m pretty sure Spencer’s in the 75-100 word range. He also parrots a lot of what we say so even though he might not know what the word means, he tries to say a lot of new things. He is also stringing words together even more. He can say “I don’t know” and “I did it!” and “I got it!”. And Nathan taught him “Movie today?”. ;)
*Has become decidedly possessive of things, whether or not they are really his. This causes a lot of arguing between him and Nathan – like when Spencer sits on Nathan’s chair at the dinner table and tells Nathan “MY chair”. This happens with a lot of toys too.
*As most of you know, he broke his first bones last month (the 2 bones in his right forearm). He was in a cast for 3 weeks, and it didn’t slow him down one bit! When he got it taken off, the doctor said he wasn’t quite 100% better, but that it could also take a year for x-rays to show up normal again. As the doctor watched Spencer climb/crawl all over every surface in the exam room, he said he was sending us home with a little arm brace for him, to prevent further injury. He’s supposed to wear it for 4 weeks. We thought that was a really good idea. But it’s velcro, so we only managed to keep it on him for about two days before he realized he could take it right off and now it doesn’t stay on longer that about 2 seconds. ;) But his arm doesn’t seem to bother him and he’s taken quite a few tumbles since then and so far he’s fine. (Let’s hope it stays that way!!!)
*Has started making really awesome faces. Like his older brother, he is very expressive.
*As adventurous and crazy as he is, he is surprisingly timid in the water, apart from the bathtub. While he is crazy splash boy in the tub, he doesn’t really like getting in the water at the beach or at the pool.
*Still doesn’t have any canine teeth, but has several molars now. I’m really ready to be done with the teething.
*Has become quite the instigator of scuffles between him and Nathan. It’s about 50-50 now on who starts the problems – and he definitely fights back when Nathan tries to throw his weight around.
*But while they certainly get after each other, Spencer absolutely loves his big brother and can finally (sort of) say Nathan’s name and it’s really sweet to hear them talking to each other and to hear Spencer saying “Hi Nay Nen!”.
*This kid is SUCH a character. He is always cracking us up and keeps us on our toes ALL THE TIME. We just love you little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment