Thursday, January 28, 2010

Date Night!

So we're trying to be better about actually planning our dates on Friday nights. All too often it's "so, what would you like to do tonight?" "I don't know."

SO I got to plan first, and because it was raining most of the week, I tried to do something where we could stay at home, warm and dry, and it was still exciting ;)

What I came up with was bringing the outside inside! (Sort of)
I cut out trees and flowers out of construction paper, as well as a little stack of firewood and crumpled orange, red and yellow paper for a fire. Then I made a yummy chicken vegetable cobbler and told John he had to pretend it was made in a dutch oven. We spread out a big picnic blanket and had a little picnic with yummy food and hot chocolate :)

I also used green and brown sheets to cover the furniture to make it more "forest-y"

Aren't my trees and fire CUTE?!

Getting ready to eat our picnic

John was excited for the large marshmallows in his cocoa

After dinner we had a board/card game MARATHON

I had also tried to get glow in the dark stars to go "star gazing" afterward...but can you believe that we searched for an hour and a half the night before at 3 or 4 different places?! If you hear of anywhere with glow in the dark stars...let me know. I have yet to check Toys R Us ;)

2 comments:

Those Crazy Browning's said...

Very creative but WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS! (Yes, I am a bit jealous)

Ashley said...

yes I knoooooowww i have too much time on my hands. the result is stir craziness and extra creativity. At least the second isn't so bad, yeah?