We spent New Years' and the next week with my family in Virginia, and boy, were we busy! John also totally froze this trip. (Well, so did I, but I didn't mind it as much) We had to fly overnight to get there and the day we got in we had a little time to relax and clean up from travel, and then we went to the Washington DC temple to see the lights and nativity collection at the visitor center.
So pretty :)

All together again!

It was freezing!

It's the same camel from last year!

The next day we went to historic Fredericksburg and took a trolley tour to see the historic sites and buildings that had been preserved or replicated
Here we are at the trolley

Thank goodness the trolley was heated inside...we were cold :)

After the tour we went to the Apothecary, where they told us about common ailments and treatments. We are SOOOO GLAD we live in an age of modern technology and medicine!!!!

hi!

We also spent a day at George Washington's home, Mount Vernon. They had all sorts of Christmas things up and we got to see the third floor of the plantation home, which is only open 37 days of the year. How cool is THAT?!
I am ready for the excursion :)

The patriotic Christmas trees

woo hoo!! (I know I'm a dork)

All together :)
Me and Mom :)
We learned that one year for Christmas, George Washington imported a camel to entertain his guests. The camel's name was Aladdin. So they had a newer, younger Aladdin at Mount Vernon to see!

Camel Faces!
Cameron didn't want to do a camel face
The plantation home
Mommy and Daddy!
Us in front of the lovely view of the river.
Jason did NOT want to take a picture with his big sister...
They had a GINGERBREAD MODEL of Mount Vernon! SO cool. :)

And thus concludes our first installment of our VA trip. Woo hoo! I've almost caught up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment