Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Cakemeister

And of course, exams.

But first, the master demonstration. Chef Dimitri gave a demo on entremets. He showed us a few different types of glazes and showed us some fancy décor. The cakes were beautiful and SO YUMMY! Yeah, we got to taste them when he was done. And then he let us take them home! Anyway, here are the pictures (Try not to drool. They were reeeeeaaaaallllly good ;)

100_4232Hazelnut daquoise with caramel cremeux (kreh-MOH) and a crème fraiche (krem FRESH) mousse, covered with a caramel glaze
100_4234Flourless chocolate biscuit with a vanilla cremeux and chocolate mousse topped with chocolate glaze
100_4235Pistachio daquiose with sour cherry cremeux, pistachio mousse, on top of sour cherry granola, covered in pistachio glaze. This one was AMAZING. I didn’t think I’d like it as much as I did! Sooooo tasty.
100_4239

So there you go! The nice thing was that our exams this round were on entremets (as well as gumpaste flowers and wedding/specialty cakes), so it was a nice review ;)
100_4237

Exams went really well this week (I think), but again, I’m too busy during exams to take pictures, we’re on a tight time schedule (though I did finish 4 hours early…) so no pictures of testing. But we start breads and breakfast pastries next week!! Oh my goodness, I can’t even tell you how excited I am to learn how to make CROISSANTS!!! I could seriously eat them everyday…stay tuned!

2 comments:

surfingdds said...

Who would have thought that a cake with an olive green glaze would look appetizing, but that's the one I'd really like to try. Oh, and breads and breakfast pastries - yummy! Wish we lived closer.

Love you,

Mom M.

Angie Hunt said...

Looks way yummy - as usual. The one in the middle looks a bit out of place though - an uncompleted fence with a some gold foil -hmmmm interesting for sure :)