Monday, July 11, 2011

Tonight’s Menu

So I’ve been loving my menu plate that I made with my mom when I went to VA. Every weekend I plan the week’s meals, write it up on my plate, and go grocery shopping for the week. I leave the plate out in the main room by the kitchen because John still ends up making dinner most days (I know, isn’t he fabulous?) and then he knows what I have planned.

Well, tonight, I came home and this had been added to the menu plate:
100_4885

Kind…of…?

I get to the table and he says “I didn’t make stir fry”. So I’m thinking…”what did you make?”

Turns out he came up with some sort of fried rice concoction. Which was fine…but it didn’t taste so good. ;) (I have his permission to blog about this little mishap, by the way) He told me he’d used too much oil when frying the rice…and didn’t add any salt, soy sauce or garlic (which is what I add when I make it).

Oops! ;) It wasn’t all bad though, you just had to add a little flavor to it and it wasn’t so bad :) I guess he had added the egg and the rice and celery (which he used because he couldn’t find any green onion “for some reason”) when he finally realized: wait. this is not stir fry.

So we had a good laugh over it and now the joke is “wait, you DO know what that is, right?”

Ohhh good fun :)

1 comment:

Angie Hunt said...

love the plate!! love the story!!!