It’s just that they are really ugly. And SO not me. ;)
And for a while, I’ve been content with just leaving them as is. But I was starting to really get tired of it. And with us moving soon, it has made me want to change things up a bit. You know, fresh start, new look, all that jazz… Enter sofa slipcover. GENIUS! Even better? I found it cheap on Overstock.com! AND (for reasons still unknown to me) I got free shipping! (not that I’m complaining)
And it came in the mail today! Yippeeee! I only got the sofa cover because 1) I wanted to make sure the color was alright – it’s so hard to tell on a computer screen and 2) I needed to make sure they would actually fit our furniture and I really didn’t want to deal wit the hassle of sending back multiple items if they didn’t work. So one at a time. Chair cover comes later. ;)
And now, here’s is the transformation!
And yes, I made the ruffly pillow cover for the little pillow yesterday. I didn’t have any kind of pattern (and I really didn’t know what I was doing) so it ended up a little small. Oh well. I have another pillow to cover and I might just get enough fabric to do this one over again. We’ll see. But I love the overall look it adds to the new color. :)
I also have some more pillow plans in store! So excited! It will probably happen later in the month, but stay tuned! I call it my “pillow vision” ;)
**go HERE to see my completed pillow vision!! :) :)
3 comments:
It looks GREAT!!! Love the color and can't wait to see more of your fancy pillows.
I have a very similar looking couch. You remember...you sat on it.I tried to use a slip cover, but it didn't work.
I featured this makeover on my blog here: http://hip2thrift.blogspot.com/2012/03/before-and-after-feature-slip-cover.html
So sorry I won't be seeing you before I move. If you're ever in CO, you have to come visit. Who know, maybe my couch will look better by then:)
Lovely! I need one of those slipcovers, too!
Post a Comment