So I don’t think I made it official on the ol’ bloggy here, but we’re officially going to be running the Warrior Dash on May 19th in Maryland. So If there isn’t any posting after that date, you’ll know that I probably died. Mostly likely from getting burned alive by the flaming hurdles.
I’m kidding.
KIDDING.
Anyway, so John and I have been training lots and lots and I think we’ve been doing really well. But endurance running isn’t my strong point. Neither are push ups, but that’s not the point of this post ;) So we’ve been running about 3 times a week and it’s been going really well. But endurance running is just so hard for me! And it’s not for John. Not really. Injustice, I know ;)
So we went running this morning. We usually run in the neighborhood surrounding our apartment complex, but to change things up a bit this morning, we went out to a forest preserve and ran the trails out there. John LOVES running out there. So while we’re running, I get to hear the steady stream of comments and thoughts from my running buddy. Because I’m already breathless and can barely respond to his (one sided) conversation.
John: “This is SO COOL! I LOVE it out here!”
“ahh…it’s so quiet!”
“I wonder what it would have been like to settle this area 100 years ago”
“Hey look! A woodpecker!”
“That’s a marsh!”
“This is AWESOME!”
“Oo, a creek! I wonder if that’s Salt Creek, or a tributary of sorts”
“Wow, look at that bird! It has a red badge on its chest”
“I wonder if early settlers used this as a canal”
“I LOVE running in the woods!”
I’d try to respond with at least a word like “oh!” or “cool!” or “yeah!”
Then I’d have to get back to concentrating on my breathing.
You know, so I wouldn’t STOP. ;)
Okay, so it’s not THAT bad, but you get the idea. And throughout this (mostly one sided) conversation, I’d be thinking to myself “HOW can he have the energy to keep talking?!”
Not that I minded one bit, babe.
Promise :)
But you better believe I was also thinking that I’d totally blog about it. Ha!
So there you go. For posterity.
1 comment:
you are so funny Ashely! Loved this post.
Post a Comment