Monday, May 14, 2012

DC. Again.

This outing is brought to you by Baltimore Aircoil Company. And readers like you.

Ha ha kind of. ;)

Let me explain. No. There is too much. Let me sum up. (brownie points to whoever gets that)

John’s company had a worldwide finance conference last week. People from Europe and Asia came. Before the conference was over and they all had to go home, John’s company asked a few (stateside) employees (like John) if they would be willing to show them around DC on their last day. We said yes. It was going to be a Friday-Saturday thing, but then they went to a baseball game Friday night and so we took the visitors from Belgium out to DC before taking them to the airport in the afternoon. Cool, huh? It worked out nice for us because we were headed down to VA on Saturday to see my family for the weekend (for Mother’s Day :) and DC is kind of on the way. So a day of DC fun with our new Belgian friends and then onward to VA in the evening. What a day!

We asked our guests what they wanted to see in DC since we’d only have a couple of hours. Even though we couldn’t go in, they wanted to see the White House. John got some sweet pictures:
BAC DC 3BAC DC 1

We stopped by the Washington Monument, we went to the Museums of American and Natural History (Histories?) and after lunch (at our new favorite – Good Stuff Eatery!) we stopped by the Library of Congress and the Capitol. We didn’t really get as many pictures this trip…probably because we weren’t as goofy this time around…had to keep that professional image with the finance people with us and all… ;)

BAC DC 6

We got to ride the metro this time around and on our first ride we were PACKED like sardines! It was a beautiful day on Saturday and there were lots and LOTS of people out and about. And on the metro…

Fun Fact: Our Belgian friends had actually been in Chicago before they came out to Maryland and it turns out that they were told about me and my mad pastry skills when they were at John’s old office. I’m actually more famous than John! Awesome, right? ha!

It took us forever to get out of the city when it was time to get them to the airport, but we made it over in good time and then made our way down to VA. It was awesome to see the fam again and be with them for Mother’s Day. We got to talk to Jason on skype on Sunday and he is doing great. He is so happy and loving his mission. (You can find his weekly emails HERE) We’re down to less then a year before he comes home!! My mom also requested that I make cookies for her for Mother’s Day. But not just some cookies. I made 100. Crazy, I know. ;) She wanted some for her, and then a bunch to give away. Because she’s so awesome she can’t keep the goodness for herself – she has to share. Of course, I think she enjoyed bragging about me every time she delivered another plate ;) They looked just like the Talent Show Cookies, but with a purple background. See?

cookies 2cookies 3cookies 4
While we were there I put up some vinyl in my sister’s room. Because even though I cut it out for her months ago…it still hasn’t been put up. So I got started on it. There are still two more pieces that need to go up…but I’ll get to that another time. This is a really cute quote, especially for a girl’s room and it matches her color scheme perfectly! (Though you can’t really tell in the picture…sorry…)
Jen Jen Vinyl 1
We had a lovely weekend and now we are back home, only to prepare for an awesome weekend of Brian Regan LIVE and the Warrior Dash coming up! I can’t believe it’s here already!!! So excited!!

2 comments:

Angie Hunt said...

OK I have some COMMENTS ;) First, I can hear the accent in your movie quote but of COURSE cannot name the movie. and yes MORE bragging today from the last cookie delivery. They wanted me to tell you that the cookies are AMAZING!!!!!!!! You are AWESOME and I loved everything about the weekend: steaks, cookies, strawberries, missionary, vinyl, and your visit :)

Unknown said...

That looks like a very labor-intensive cookie project. But anything for our mothers, right? lol