Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Garden Update

It’s growing! The garden is growing!!

Seriously so exciting. It’s so fun to see how much bigger the plants are since we planted them in our nifty homemade boxes :)

The tomato, zucchini and cucumber plants are getting so big! We’re going to have to figure out how to support the tomato plants soon…haven’t quite figured that one out quite yet…
garden 2Our strawberry plants are doing great too! We’ve even already picked a few strawberries…and they were sooooooooo tasty :) my cute little flower is doing well too – it used to only have one flower…now it has TWO!
garden 3See look! Strawberries!!!
garden 6Our carrots have sprouted too! They were hard to see, so I provided you with some helpful arrows ;)
garden 7Here’s my little herb pot. You can’t really tell, but they have been growing quite a bit too. I gave my basil a haircut, so that I could make baked parmesan spaghetti. Seriously. So. Good. I found the recipe HERE and I highly recommend that you try it. Mine even turned out just like the picture! That, my friends, is success ;)
garden 4

I now have to figure out how to harvest my rosemary…Do I just take off the little leaves? Or do I pull a stalk up from the root? If you know, tell me, and save me some googling time ;) Because I really want to make garlic rosemary roasted potatoes. I know. They are as delicious as they sound.

Hopefully our little garden will continue to flourish! So excited for the tomatoes to come!

No comments: