So Santa came early for me and I’m the proud owner of a brand new DSLR camera!! I am so stinkin’ excited! I’ve been wanting one for a while but given they are so expensive, I didn’t see one in the budget for a very, very long time. So I talked to my mom Santa and Best Buy was having a killer sale…and I now have an awesome camera! So the jist of Thanksgiving was lots of yummy food, decorating my parents’ house for Christmas and taking pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. And I’d like you all to know that I haven’t put it on Auto at all since getting it. I’m quite proud of myself. But that also means I need a lot of practice. The Little Man is, of course, my favorite photo subject, if not the most willing...
So without further ado, a plethora of pictures. Mostly of Nathan ;)
Nana gave him an old phone to play with – he LOVES that thing.
He got his first Nativity set – it’s Little People and he loves it!
Or…loves to eat it rather…
The angel and the camel are his favorites.
We had a playdate with our friend Mikenzie and her little girl Adalynn, and it was so funny to watch Nathan and Adalynn(sort of) interact
It mostly involved trying to take each other’s toys ;)
Adalynn is about a month and a half older than Nathan and is crawling circles around the Little Man. He thought that looked really fun and has since been trying to launch himself forward in an attempt to crawl. We are no strangers to face plants these days…
“What?! No!! I was not trying to hold her hand!”
I was cracking up when I took this one – it looks like they are both ‘on their phones’
Oh how I love this sweet smile. Totally makes my day.
He’s getting more dexterous with the fingers, he can put just one finger in his mouth at a time now. That’s skill, my friends. ;)
There was lots of treat making, of course. I found this super easy and ridiculously delicious recipe HERE for toffee bites. Soooo tasty.More caramel apples! And they came out much prettier this time! (I did not cause the white chocolate to harden in the microwave….weird…)
John joined us Thanksgiving morning – he’d had to work that week. It was so nice when he was finally able to come down.
We decorated my parent’s house for Christmas and Nathan was fascinated.
I LOVE Nathan’s face reflected in the ornament in this one! ha ha
We tried to take family pictures for a Christmas card. This is not the picture we are using, but this is pretty much what Nathan looked like the entire time. Grumpypants.
John cheered him up after though ;)
This is probably my favorite picture of the two of them. Ever. Their faces (almost identical, don’t you think?!) crack me up!
And that is a very loose summary of our Thanksgiving. We ate lots of yummy food, got some awesome Black Friday deals, had a fun time being together and had a great time!
1 comment:
Ashley the new photos looks sooooo cool with the new camera! My favorites are of Nathan trying to eat like two phones and opening his mouth SUPER wide trying to get it in. It just reminds me of the way I eat, too;)
Also, the last one of John and Nathan are also just adorable. I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Miss you and so excited to see you in a couple weeks!
Post a Comment