Sunday, March 8, 2015

22 Months!

It’s the week of 22’s. I’m 22 weeks pregnant, and Nathan is 22 months! I really need to get going on birthday ideas!! I only have 2 months left!

*We have added several words to his vocabulary! Apart from family members, he now says, Hi and Bye, Please and Thank You (though for some strange reason, Thank You in Nathan-ese is “Bop”. Not really sure how that translated, but that’s what he says every time we remind him to say Thank You), On and Off (still trying to work out which is which though), Help, Baby, Cool, Eyes, Car, Hat, Up, Yes, No, and Ohhhh, Yeah! He also kind of says Amen at the end of prayers (“Ammmm”) and can sort of say Temple – one of his favorite books right now is his board book about temples, and can recognize the DC temple. He points at it and says “Peh-Pull!” We’ve even got him starting to say I Love You, too! It still mostly sounds like ‘I-lah-oo’ but it’s stinkin’ adorable. His favorite is still Puppies though, and can also say the name of one of my parent’s dogs - Ginger.
IMG_6997

*Loves cars and trains! Loves to watch other cars while we are out driving. It actually makes him really well behaved in the car. It’s soooo nice.
IMG_7028

*I don’t know where he gets it but he seems to have an endless amount of energy. I can’t even tell you how many evenings John and I just collapse on the couch after he’s in bed at the end of the day. We can’t even get him into bed without having to chase him around the apartment a few times because he keeps escaping and running away!

IMG_7025

*Has cut a few more teeth (finally! – They been looking ready to come through for months!!). So far I’ve only seen canines come through, and that might explain why his naps keep ending with him screaming after about 45 minutes of sleep. I hate teething. I’m dreading those last molars…

*He did really well with our move. I was worried he might be kind of weirded out suddenly having all of our stuff in a new place, but he spent the weekend of the move at my parent’s house (Thanks Nana!) and by the time we picked him up I had his room completely put back together so that it would seem more normal and he actually seemed to enjoy the new place right away. That first night he ran around the new place several times, looking at everything and saying “cool!” ;)
IMG_7038IMG_7044

*I finally gave him a pillow in his bed. He thinks it’s the coolest ever. I started wondering a few weeks ago when I should give him one – since he seemed to be doing fine without, but since he’s had one he seems to do a little tiny bit better with his naps. Maybe he was uncomfortable AND teething. Sorry about that, Little Man.
IMG_7055

*Has quite the temper these days! Could have something to do with the short naps, but he’s a pro at throwing whatever he’s holding at the moment, screaming, and flopping to the floor whenever he’s angry – and it seems to be happening with greater frequency. I better brace myself for the twos…
IMG_7063

*I know I say this almost every month, but he’s seriously hilarious. He does the funniest things and keeps us laughing. I’m so glad he’s ours. Love you Little Man!
IMG_7066

No comments: